Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard A_1

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016
I have a Pioneer Elite SC-LX501 everything works fine except when I press the Stereo button. The manual states it should playback only from the front right and left speakers along with the subwoofer. After the stereo button is pressed its only playing from the front right and left speakers, no sub.

Any comments are appreciated

Solution
If you have your left and right front speakers set as large the sub won't work in stereo. Set them as "small" and the receiver will send all the bass to the sub not just the LFE bass channel.
Hello.

Have you checked in the sound settings to see if the Subwoofer is actually activated when in stereo mode? It may simply be disabled in the AV settings. Do a speaker setup while in Stereo mode perhaps?

This amp doesn't even have a proper user manual...:( The menu isn't even explained at all.

From the online "advanced manual":
"When you play source material that contains no information in the LFE channel, the subwoofer produces no sound."

Nice going pioneer...try playing a song which has 120hz or lower sounds and try again perhaps? If the sub activates....there's your issue.

The ABOVE answer is probably what's going on.

I'm not sure how it's setup, but try a larger variety of audio, video etc and see what happens. At least one of those should contain subwoofer data.

I'm no expert, but I'd expect most consumer DVD/BluRay videos to be setup this way. Of course, you may need to find scenes with obvious thumping so you can actually notice (explosions, T-Rex screams... ).

Richard A_1

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016

All, This option worked. I set the front speakers to small rather than large and the subwoofer kicked in immediately. Thanks Americanaudiophile

Status
Not open for further replies.