Subwoofer won't work with Rocksmith 2014, but works completely fine in spotify etc.

Jonados

Estimable
Jun 7, 2015
When i launch Rocksmith 2014 the subwoofer cuts out and only the two front speakers start working. I'm new to this kind of stuff so i don't know if it's the game or something i've configured wrong.

As seen below i'm using 5.1 speaker setup since none of the others are working.

I Have the Logitech Z200's combined with a standalone subwoofer plugged in with an AUX 3,5mm jack

Below is a GIF of my setup and what options i have, Thanks! :D
https://gyazo.com/0098dab35e54cc95650b574462dc255b

Solution
Rocksmith isn't a normal game , it sends a mono signal duplicated on left/right channels.
No sub or lfe output at all.

The behaviour your seeing is normal.

Jonados

Estimable
Jun 7, 2015

What do you mean by reciever?

felipetga

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Sorry, I didnt see that you were using analog stereo speaker along with the sub.
Probably the game is only sending 2ch decoding.
I see you are using Gigabyte sound manager(windows 10?), maybe you could try unin
stalling it and downloading latest RealtekHD drivers and give it a try?

Jonados

Estimable
Jun 7, 2015

Yes, Win 10. I'll try uninstalling with new drivers :)

felipetga

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
If you have the time and patience, https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/unlocked-realtek-hd-audio-drivers-windows-7-8-10-with-dolby-digital-live-and-dts-interactive.193148/

^ yes you're absolutely right .
I use a 7.1 Sony receiver , I'd I select one ifbthe simulated surround options I get 5/7.1 irregardless of source.
Its not proper surround but you at least get audio from all speakers & sub.

Not possible non a standalone set connected directly to the PC jack outputs though.

@ Jonados - you have a speaker fill option on that realtek page grab , have you tried enabling that ??
Its purpose is to upmix stereo to fill all speakers, it may work , it may not .

Rocksmith is a strange one , not officially a game really , it defaults to stereo n only simply because anything more introduces audio lag & on a program which is mainly used to teach/play a real guitar that is a bad thing.