Estimable
Apr 19, 2015
helo..need help here..

i have a Acer Aspire 4935G laptop
-Core 2 duo P8400
-Nvidia geforce 9300m gs
-4GB ram
-250gb hdd

when i left it idle for some time..it starts to shutdown like the power has been cut off..

-the only way i could prevent this is to keep the cpu running(like playing games or musics...etc)

-i have checked the heatsink if theres any dust blocking the air flow but its clean and the fan is running good..so,i guess the cpu or gpu overheating is not the problem here bcs when im on gaming the cpu temp is just 45~55°c and the gpu temp is 50~60°c
(when idle cpu is 37°c and the gpu is 40°c)

-another problem is when i try to turn it on(when on battery)...the laptop can't even finish the boot...its just shutdown when the "starting windows" screen came up...

-also..when i unplugged the charger(with the battery on)..the laptop just shutdown immediately after 3 or 5 seconds

PS: i have replaced the ac adapter before...and this problem never happened before the original ac adapter starts to broken..

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
If not already done so.
Try going start menu then control panel, power options, check the selected power plan highlighted settings turn everything to never (Meaning never turn off) even in advanced power setting check settings. Save changes. Should sort out idle problem Check idle speed on possessor
Your battery is shutting the laptop down due to insufficient charge sounds like you may need a new battery don't use laptop on battery until you work out if its battery or charger not charging it.

Enrico Vialli

Estimable
Apr 19, 2015
i already done that...and yea at first i was thinking if the battery was causing this problem...but i forgot to mention that even when the laptop is running on ac adapter only(no battery)..the problem still occur...
is it the ac adapter or the battery problem?or maybe both?

Enrico Vialli

Estimable
Apr 19, 2015

i already done that...and yea at first i was thinking if the battery was causing this problem...but i forgot to mention that even when the laptop is running on ac adapter only(no battery)..the problem still occur...
is it the ac adapter or the battery problem?or maybe both?

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
Have you checked that the connections from the charger to laptop are clean and all tight fitting, what could be happening as the charger is being used things warm up the metal connections expand making the connection better when things idle they cool down reverse of expansion thus connection lost. This could also be occurring within the charger or laptop itself motherboard track or component like a faulty capacitor when idle they can overheat and thus could be a capacitor in the main lead power block shutting down, Also just check you wall plug and try it in another plug socket. If you have a molded plug on the charger replace it with new one if fuse is not blow as it is the cheapest option first could. My TV keep shutting off once replaced it with new 4 gang power block which cured it for a while until it started again turn out was wall socket loose wiring. Sound more like laptop lead though does the battery shut down the laptop fully charged?

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
Chargers are cheap now compared to years ago I remember replacement for this 8 year old laptop costing £100 to replace now on my newer faster Toshiba power lead cost just £10 new to replace many new ones use cheaper components to keep the cost down different faults can occur. Many people use laptops as desktops keeping them plugged in using their laptop power settings to shutdown the laptop. I find this practice bad and always disconnect my power after shutting down the laptop if not leaving it at a desk find things last longer always cleanly pulling the plug from the jack as both could break when left in the jack socket. On my first laptop a jack socket broke this way. Also make sure you discharge your battery down to 10% charge every six to eight week the battery will last longer and shut the laptop down when not in use.