Suggest security program

jackgreat

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
Hi Guys,

I have a very small workplace. I want a program that ensures basic level of security for my data. The first thing that I want is that employees should not go to unwanted sites and torrent should not work. I have used a program called K9 Web Protection. Though it does a decent job when it comes to web browsing but it does not block torrents.

My first requirement is that no one should be able to go to unwanted sites and torrent should not work. Second is blocking of usb port so that no data can be copied.

Please tell me how to achieve my first goal (starting with torrent block) then if possible the second option.

Thank you,

Cheers,
Jack

jackgreat

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006

No. of employees < 10. Can you suggest me an alternate to K9 ? Plus something that can also block torrents.

Thanks.

Paul NZ

Admirable
You could try this for the USB ..

Looks like this may work for p2p traffic. But it's not free. I've never used it myself

Looks like a licence for this is 90 for 1 yr, $160 for 2, $230 for 3, or $400 US for lifetime

Looks like you can install this on one PC and monitor everything on a network

As one of the pages there says

Supervise emails, messengers, web visits and other internet activities.
Increase productivity by blocking inappropriate web content.
Save internet bandwidth by blocking p2p downloading and online streaming.
Diagnose network problems by real-time connections/bandwidth monitoring.
and much more!

jackgreat

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006

Thanks for the usb link. For the blocking program can you recommend me something like K9 which is freeware or something that costs less than $20.

jackgreat

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
As I see configuring a system to block torrents is a bit tricky.

Is there a alternative to K9 product. Basically K9 allows me to block sites and they already have a preset and record browsing activities on the system. Since you are saying its not a great product, I was wondering if there is an alternate. Either freeware or cheap. Thanks.

Meanwhile I am having a look at the imfirewall product.

brownll

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013

emplouees <10, suggest you to try anykeylogger (here:http://www.anykeylogger.net/keylogger.html). This program can block some sites on computer by adding site address in block list and block applications or programs on computer (including torrent). At the sametime,it keeps track of all activities happened on the monitored computer, record the logs and then send the logs to you via email. What's more, it's cheap for small business.