Suggestions for a laptop for CS course (£250-350) (UK)

blackburnman04

Estimable
Sep 16, 2015
Hi all, I am studying computer science and I am looking for a laptop in the region of (£250-350) that would be sufficient for the coding I will be doing (Java) and capable of running Visual Studio.

If possible it would be great if the laptop would be able to run Football Manager as well.

I am not looking for FHD displays, at this price point in the UK I know that might be hard to get.

I have checked Medions site and I see that they have a daily deal at the moment which has a i5-4210m processor, 4gb ram and Intel HD graphics, do you think this would be good enough for what I am needing to do?

Alternatively do you think something AMD based would be better for my needs?

Many thanks

Rayven2

Estimable
Jul 31, 2014
You won't be finding any FHD laptops for that price range, an i5 with 4 gigs of ram would be sufficient. Programming doesn't really need much resources, visual studios only needs a 1.6 GHz or faster processor and about 1 GB of RAM.

Rayven2

Estimable
Jul 31, 2014
You won't be finding any FHD laptops for that price range, an i5 with 4 gigs of ram would be sufficient. Programming doesn't really need much resources, visual studios only needs a 1.6 GHz or faster processor and about 1 GB of RAM.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I C4N’7 C Laptop General Discussion 1
J Laptop General Discussion 0
A Laptop General Discussion 1
Grishmant Laptop General Discussion 0
V Laptop General Discussion 0
A Laptop General Discussion 1
R Laptop General Discussion 1
R Laptop General Discussion 6
A Laptop General Discussion 11
N Laptop General Discussion 1
R Laptop General Discussion 1