Supply Power to Laptop Without Adapater

DeerRocks

Estimable
Oct 25, 2015
i dont have my laptop adapater cause it is not working so i want to supply power to my laptop so how to supply it without adapater
Model no Acer Aspire E1-531
and i dont want to buy new Adapater just tell me how to make an adapter at home or
Homemade Adapter

Solution
Hi

Avoide very cheap laptop power supplies especially coming direct from China or from Chinese web sites

If web site does not have company address avoid them
Many are poor quality and unsafe

They should have the makers brand or name on the label and user instructions in your language

The connector tip should be the correct size for the laptop model

The power rating should be correct (watts) and volts or they will over heat and fail

Check if a mains lead and plug is included and plug is the correct one for your country

On the other hand genuine spares are very expensive

Regards
Mike Barnes

Spectre694

Estimable
Feb 28, 2014
I'll be honest. If an adapter was something you were able to make then you wouldn't be asking how to here. You'd need a transformer, voltage regulators, caps, rectifiers, inductors, maybe a microcontroller among other things as well as the knowledge to put them together. On top of that the street price for such a Frankenstein would likely be more than just purchasing one.

Spectre694

Estimable
Feb 28, 2014

Ya pretty much the companies that manufacturer adapter buy the components by the truckload or make some of them. They get way better pricing than some guy buying one or two.

Plus a good quality adapter looks like this or this even a low quality one looks like this. So by the time you get the parts and put them together you could have bought an adapter and used you laptop like say two weeks ago.

mbarnes86

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Hi

Avoide very cheap laptop power supplies especially coming direct from China or from Chinese web sites

If web site does not have company address avoid them
Many are poor quality and unsafe

They should have the makers brand or name on the label and user instructions in your language

The connector tip should be the correct size for the laptop model

The power rating should be correct (watts) and volts or they will over heat and fail

Check if a mains lead and plug is included and plug is the correct one for your country

On the other hand genuine spares are very expensive

Regards
Mike Barnes

Solution