Surface RT Recovery Drive

Aug 8, 2018
Hi Folks! Here’s my problem:

(1.) I’ve got a Windows Surface RT 8.1 that’s STUCK on the LOOP: “Preparing Automatic Repair”; and, I’ve downloaded the image for it from the appropriate MS website, have also tried some of the Troubleshooting steps that they've suggested; so, WHAT I NEED now is to be able to create the Recovery Drive. Okay.

(2.) Since, I don’t have another PC, or another working Surface, can I CREATE the needed/required Recovery Drive for my Surface RT using the cmd: Command Line prompt??? Since, I am able to select and choose that option from the Advance Options feature, WHEN it does bring me there.

(3.) WHEN I conducted the Download of its Recovery Image from Microsoft, this is WHAT I got: My Surface’s Product: Surface RT 32GB Bundle – Windows RT 8.1.

So, again 2 RECAP: "Can I CREATE the required Recovery Drive from my Surface RT's "cmd" (with an elevated cmd, as in Administrator) command prompt???

Solution
How are you accessing CMD if you're stuck at repairing? To create a bootable USB/Disk, you'll need TP tools like Rufus (or MS's own creation tool). Nothing native within Windows that you could launch via a CMD, AFAIK anyway.

Where did you download the ISO? On another computer? Phone etc?
How are you accessing CMD if you're stuck at repairing? To create a bootable USB/Disk, you'll need TP tools like Rufus (or MS's own creation tool). Nothing native within Windows that you could launch via a CMD, AFAIK anyway.

Where did you download the ISO? On another computer? Phone etc?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS