Surround sound on Yamaha rx-v371 not working

Chrisard

Prominent
Feb 17, 2017
I Plugged my PC into my Yamaha RX-v371 via HDMI. My mobo is a MSI 970 gaming.

When I go the the speak setup for the hdmi I set it to quadraphonic. But the rear left along with just left and right and right came out through the front speakers only. The same result for 5.1.

I've set my receiver to each of the program settings (5.1, 5.1 enhanced, etc) and the result is always all the sounds playing through only the front left and right speakers.

I'm open to suggestions

You did go through the receiver setup?
That tells the receiver what outputs you have speakers connected to, which can handle bass, how far from you each is, and that each plays at the same volume on test in your seating position.
If your PC is outputting in digital surround sound the receiver will indicate this on the front panel. Set the surround mode to auto so the receiver can switch to the correct one. If the PC is in stereo then you need to select an analog surround mode designed to give you surround with a stereo input.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Audio 1
D Audio 0
A Audio 1
B Audio 0
J Audio 7
C Audio 1
C Audio 1
L Audio 2
H Audio 1
B Audio 1
G Audio 0
N Audio 2
J Audio 2
E Audio 4
M Audio 1
C Audio 2
S Audio 1
J Audio 2
D Audio 2
B Audio 25
Similar threads
Question Does anyone have any suggestions on a good audio converters that r reasonably priced/any tips on how I should set up my home theatre?
Question Movie surround sound on Yamaha RX-V685 - Can I separate voice from background music or sound?
Solved! How to connect a Rockville EQ to a Yamaha RX-V567 Natural Sound AV Receiver/Amp with Polk Audio Surround speakers
Question Yamaha rx-v385 surround speaker issue
Question How can i get TV audio out of my old surround sound system?
When I connect my Humax to my Yamaha surround sound via a HDMI cable I have sound but the picture drops out after 5seconds.
Solved! Yamaha rv-467 to UHD Tv no surround sound.
Connect Mxqpro to surround sound
How do I connect Xfinity X1 DVR cable box to old Yamaha RX-V2300 component receiver for 5.1 surround sound? No HDMI port on re
What receiver needed? 18 “ Yamaha sub
Yamaha YAS-207 Soundbar Review: Affordable Surround Sound
Amazon fire connected to projector, need solution to surround sound on yamaha receiver
I have a yamaha rxv793 receiver and a samsung 65" 4k tv. how to I connect them to use surround sound
How to hook up my Yamaha HTR 5860 receiver to Samsung LED Smart TV for surround sound ?
Looking to hook up surround sound on an old yamaha receiver to digital tv
Only Getting 2 Channel Audio - PC->Yamaha HTR->TV via HDMI Need 7.1 Channel Surround Sound
Cant get 5.1 surround sound to properly play using AMD HDMI
How to get 5.1 audio with soundcard PC?
No surround sound with my PC
What Surround Sound Speakers to Buy ???

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS