CmdrJeffSinclair

Estimable
Aug 29, 2014
Hi there,

3 of my 5 5.1 channel surround speakers are very quiet while the other 2 are as loud as I set them to be via Windows. Just curious how to fix this issue.

--Device: Logitech Z506 5.1 channel (PC) surround sound system (5 satellites + subwoofer)
--Audio Driver: AMD HDMI Audio
--Windows 10 Pro, fully updated
--Motherboard is ASRock Extreme4 X99 that comes with Realtek Audio Drivers that I'm not using (and can use if necessary) that features full support for 5.1 and 7.1 channel surround sound.
--Not sure if 2 speakers are full range while others are not
--Speaker setup is 1 center speaker (with two speakers in it), 4 typical satellites and 1 subwoofer

--Testing: 3 of the 5 speakers are very quiet during movies and games, playing only sounds like cars passing by, footsteps and other random (almost background) sounds.

-- Attempted Fix #1: Turned up volume on the 3 satellite speakers while keeping the volume on the two already loud speakers at default, fix worked only in Windows because the sound volume setting would be reset by games and Cyberlnk PowerDVD. Overall the fix was not helpful anyway.

-- Attempted Fix #2: Set all settings in games and movie players to different 5.1 channel setups (such as 5.1 Dolby, 5.1 DTS, 5.1 THX, 5.1 Default Cyberlink channel settings, etc etc) but this had no effect on the volume and some settings even turned off surround sound altogether.

-- SPECIAL NOTE: Windows sound calibration plays the "sound test" chimes at full volume though for all speakers, so each speaker has the same volume in that instance but not during media playback or gaming

Any idea why this is? I'd like to be able to hear my surround sound. As it is, I'm half ready to revert back to my old 2.1 channel stereo system

CmdrJeffSinclair

Estimable
Aug 29, 2014

ah ok, well yeah that's true I'm not privy on this stuff. So I can just install the realtek audio drivers to solve the issue? The speakers are in the pc itself. Duh, can't believe how dumb I am. So the AMD HDMI audio driver isn't even affecting the sound, it is so silly I did not think of that!!!

I'll respond again if the realtek drivers don't resolve the issue.

CmdrJeffSinclair

Estimable
Aug 29, 2014

The issue is unresolved. It may be a Cyberlink PowerDVD issue because my games are perfect and windows sound tests are perfect. I installed the correct motherboard Realtek drivers straight from the drivers DVD

Three of the five satellite speakers are virtually inaudible they are so quiet during DVD/Blu-Ray playback, any solution perhaps? Games are perfect though