Swap cathode lamps in LCD TV?

pkrplyr67

Prominent
Jan 7, 2018
Hi I have an Emerson lc195emx LCD TV that just has broken cathode lamps inside of it and then I have this LCD screen from a iMac that has the exact same cathode lamps just smaller same plugs everything can I just take that those cathode lamps out of the iMac computer screen and plug them into the Emerson TV and make it work?

Just because the plugs are the same doesn't mean that you can use the imac lamps.
They could be a different voltage and if the voltage is the same the amount of light may not provide sufficient brightness.
If you can't find the specs on the original and replacement lamps it will be a gamble.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Streaming Video & TVs 2
B Streaming Video & TVs 9
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 4
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 2
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 0
Similar threads
Were is the lamp at on the TV
Solved! epson 3020 lamp problem
I blew out the little fan that is in front of the do lamp on a Mitsubishi wd65737 tv and the blades decintigrated is there any
If dip lamp is out will that effect the sound ?
Samsung DLP lamp LED blinks after replacement; yes, I know about the door switch
Need new lamp
Samsung DLP Lamp Replacement
I have a Panasonic projection TV 50dl54j and I have new lamps but it won't come on it starts up and blinks green for a few and
I have replace my 64inch lamp bulb once before ,maybe 6mths later the the picture started to fade but the sound is great,I hav
My lamp continues to overheat, and I can't seem to fix it. The fan is working well,but I don't know how fast its supposed to m
my panasonic hdtv viva 1080i went off durning a thunder storm and wont come back on,the power light and lamp light keeps flash
We have a mitsubishi DLP tv. We heard a loud pop and then the picture went black. We thought it was the lamp so we replaced
ive changed my tv lamp but still have a black screen
Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8350 Lamp Issue
I have a 65 inch Mitsubishi DLP, my picture is dark, I have sound. Is this the lamp? Lamp indicator is not on.
I changed my lamp on my Mitsubishi wd60c10 and now it comes on for a minute, then the screens color gets distorted and it flic
Toshiba DLP 46HM95 has sound and video but lamp is good
Lamp replacement for samsung dlp tv sp46l6hx
Panasonic hdtv 1080i lamp
The Solar, Wind, and Biochemical Power Lamp

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS