SWAT Team Busts Guy For Assembling LEGO Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

fflam

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
my question why was someone watching him from across the street, and for that matter taking pictures of him?

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
you get a SWAT raining down your ass for one handgun?

i would understand if he was building maybe a rail cannon but handgun isn't worth all that trouble....

so who gets billed for this? hope the guy who called in gets bill for calling SWAT for one lousy "handgun"....

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation]The company Bell ordered the LEGO gun from tweeted on Friday, "Due to the overwhelming number of orders from recent press and the holiday rush, all orders from today on will be delayed 2-3 extra weeks."[/citation]
Media stunt?

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Really?
6 swat offciers for a single handgun?
Excessive much?

They'd likely send a dozen or more at me though, assembling a LEGO AK47, LEGO RPG, and a LEGO bomb belt with trigger. =D

bogcotton

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
[citation][nom]toebee[/nom]What kind of job allows you to build lego guns and play COD?[/citation]

Call centres which don't get many calls?

Although it doesn't look like one from the healthy size of his screen.

Design studios are usually quite relaxed places.

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
The "Nancy Boy" goes with the Glock, when there was a Desert Eagle available? The Lego .50 caliber D.E. is a Man's gun, not a little sissy gun like the Glock. Seriously, I didn't catch what job he has that allows him to play with his Lego kits, and let his co-workers play MW2? I want this job.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
What was the guy across the street doing spying on lego man for anyway. Industrial espionage maybe or just a freak who gets kicks by watching others through windows? I would be looking into that.

G

Excessive? Hell no! A man in an OFFICE BUILDING holding what appears to be a firearm. Most people don't have spare firearms laying around the OFFICE. So it is very suspect and law enforcement did everything they should have done.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]haljordan[/nom]The "Nancy Boy" goes with the Glock, when there was a Desert Eagle available? The Lego .50 caliber D.E. is a Man's gun, not a little sissy gun like the Glock. Seriously, I didn't catch what job he has that allows him to play with his Lego kits, and let his co-workers play MW2? I want this job.[/citation]
D.E. are for men with tiny penuseses. Real men choose function over shiny nickel-plated metal and bullets too big to fire effectively at anything other than immobile objects like buildings.

And I agree SWAT had no business entering the premises because someone might have had a gun they might also have a legal permit to posses. Unless the neighbor knew it was an office building and thought the guy might be planning an "early retirement" party, I'm not sure what danger could have existed in the first place.

Raid3r

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Hero syndrome once again...if you really have no idea of whats going on then you prob should keep your business yo yourself and spare everyone the drama..this is NOT tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.