Switching Out Laptop Display: What to look for Compatibility?

homebrewdr

Estimable
Feb 19, 2015
I'm interested in switching out my laptop display. Its not broken, but seems a bit fuzzy and not of the best quality. I've switched out a screen years ago but it was a major brand and easy to find compatibility. The laptop I want to switch for is a Cyberpowerpc fangbook iii- hx6-100. Its a 1920x1080 resolution (FHD LCD backlit), but like I said the screen is really grainy. What do I need to look for when purchasing a replacement screen as far as compatibility goes? I may want something like an IPS display or something by samsung or sony bravia quality. Thanks!

Solution
as long as the dimensions are the same then you should be alright as I did that for that customer using my screen even tho 2 different laptop model# but same manufacturer as in acer. that is why I keep scrapped laptops for parts like screens, dvd drives & keyboards.

homebrewdr

Estimable
Feb 19, 2015

Thanks! super helpful link that includes cyberpower, but I guess my specific model is too new to show up on there, because its not the fangbook iii evo h6x, its now just the fangbook iii hx6 and is a different product.
I guess my question is, if i found a screen that was the same resolution and aspect ratio, would it be compatible? like do most laptops connect the same?

ffg7

Splendid
as long as the dimensions are the same then you should be alright as I did that for that customer using my screen even tho 2 different laptop model# but same manufacturer as in acer. that is why I keep scrapped laptops for parts like screens, dvd drives & keyboards.

Solution