Sync iphone to ranger data collector running microsoft ce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottyjordy

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
I am a land surveyor using a ranger data collector running Windows CE. I can't get the iPhone to recognize the data collector when trying to connect bluetooth or by usb. I would like to be able to transfer text files from my iPhone's email to the data collector. Is it even possible, or is it just a Apple & Windows issue with no work around?

Scott

Don't think Windows CE will transfer data to an iPhone, you'd have to check with whoever made the data collector though. Many of those devices have a semi-custom build of CE.

Windows CE is much older than the iPhone, would be tough to get them to communicate.

Deno FEI

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012

I have the same problem except I am using an Android. I used to be able to connect a USB cable from the phone to the Ranger, and use the phone as a storage device to transfer files back and forth. Since the last update it won't recognize the phone anymore. I do know that the Ranger can't send files via bluetooth (at least that's what it says when I connect the two). I don't have a problem connecting through bluetooth though, so I downloaded a bluetooth file transfer app on my phone, but the Ranger doesn't have that capability apparently. You might give it a try though. You never know. The only solution I have come up with is to take a laptop with me; transfer the file from my phone to the laptop, then from the laptop to a thumb drive, then from the thumb drive to the Ranger. It's a pain, but better than driving all the way back to the office to download a file.

quasar73

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012

I've been trying to find a way to connect my i-Phone to my Topcon FC 2500 for a while now with no success. My intent is to send/receive text files between office and field. Seems extremely useful, can't figure out why somebody hasn't written an app for it. I'm certain there would be lots of $s to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.