T-Mobile - 200 MB enough for smartphones or $10 more for 2 GB?

ipwn3r456

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Hi community,

Can't find the right sub-catgory... so i just choose a random one. Anyways, is there any smartphone users out there with data plans? If yes, I need some help from you guys. Might be getting a new smartphone pretty soon, and i wonder 200 MB is enough? Because I just want to save some money, instead adding $10 more for the 2 GB. I will just going to use facebook, email, web browsing, and maybe some youtube videoes. Do you guys think should I just go for the 200 MB data plan? Or its worth it to add $10 for the 2 GB data plan? Tell me your opinions. Thanks! :D

Solution

You said YouTube, that's video, even if it's sometimes, it will use up a bunch of data. If you stream video to the phone, make sure you watch the data usage. I have a 2 gig plan and never went over it, but I pretty much never stream video unless I'm on a WiFi network. 2 gig is plenty for web surfing and game apps, email, etc... Just download the bigger games on WiFi and not on the 3/4G network.

ipwn3r456

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

Uhh, I won't be watching movies most of the time, I am just going to use Facebook and Web browsing most of the time. Maybe a little videos and games on 3G/4G network. Do you think 2GB of data is more than enough based on my usage?

You said YouTube, that's video, even if it's sometimes, it will use up a bunch of data. If you stream video to the phone, make sure you watch the data usage. I have a 2 gig plan and never went over it, but I pretty much never stream video unless I'm on a WiFi network. 2 gig is plenty for web surfing and game apps, email, etc... Just download the bigger games on WiFi and not on the 3/4G network.

Solution