T-Mobile Cuts Unlimited Plan to 2GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

orphen193

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
I am so glad I have my 79$ plan with T mobile that is 1500 mins and unlimited txt and Data for the next 2 years hopefully by then they bring back unlimited data

bavman

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
[citation][nom]ballsmcgree[/nom]And here comes the almighty At&t hammer[/citation]

Sigh, it was bound to happen. Lets just hope verizon and sprint can now attract more costumers that dont want anything to do with at&t anymore.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
AT&T can bend over and screw itself.....
With that being said, my service, Alltel just got bought by AT&T and my true unlimited plan was supposed to be "grandfathered" in with AT&T.... yea, right.. 4 gigs max.....

G

Here in Thailand I get unlimited Internet for $20 - included with the normal voice and SMS service. If the T-Mobile plan is worse, then I call it sub-third-world network service.
If you are in the States, you may be surprised how much better the public bus and other services elsewhere are - more comfortable to :)
Just surprised no one complains about this - it's as bad as paying $20 for a McDonnalds hamburger (with a 2 year contract).

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]Article[/nom]What strikes me is that T-Mobile can call this plan "unlimited."[/citation]

What strikes me is logic over emotion. Just because they slow you down, doesn't change the fact that it is unlimited. Slow, yes, but still no absolute cap. You might argue that since it is slow there is a finite amount of content you can download until your next billing cycle, which is true. However, there is always a limit to how much content you can download in a given time period, regardless of speed. So technically, no, they are not lying when they say unlimited.

G

And North American Telecommunication Service drops another notch. Is it any wonder why the United States and Canada are at the bottom of the barrel in almost every benchmark when we allow our telecom providers to run wild. I can still remember when publicly owned companies were the norm, prices were low, expansion was mandated, the people were the shareholder and sole benefactors and service was excellent. Compare that to what we have now and tell me again why privatization was so good for the consumer. Liars and Crooks all.

G

lol.... UK giffgaff = 250 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited data.... £10 a month PAYG!!!

rdawise

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]husker[/nom]What strikes me is logic over emotion. Just because they slow you down, doesn't change the fact that it is unlimited. Slow, yes, but still no absolute cap. You might argue that since it is slow there is a finite amount of content you can download until your next billing cycle, which is true. However, there is always a limit to how much content you can download in a given time period, regardless of speed. So technically, no, they are not lying when they say unlimited.[/citation]

What strikes me is your attempt to defend this. The definitions of "unlimited" is without limits (as the name implies). When you start limiting the speed or the amount data you can access, the you are not unlimited. That's logic.

By your definition there are no speed limits when driving since you can go any speed you want until you get caught. Does that sound unlimited?

pesh

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2007
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]AT&T can bend over and screw itself.....With that being said, my service, Alltel just got bought by AT&T and my true unlimited plan was supposed to be "grandfathered" in with AT&T.... yea, right.. 4 gigs max.....[/citation]

Alltell was bought by Verizon.......

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
[citation][nom]plasmastorm[/nom]Lol, vodafone UK for £25/month. 500min, Unl Txt and Unl Data[/citation]

I'm afraid not. They scrapped their unlimited plans last May: http://www.bitterwallet.com/vodafone-scrap-fair-use-policy-for-data-dont-tell-customers/29230

[citation][nom]butmonkeh[/nom]lol.... UK giffgaff = 250 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited data.... £10 a month PAYG!!![/citation]

Yeah giffgaff seem to be the only 'network' left to offer anything that could even be close to being called 'unlimited'. From what it seems, you have to download more than 100mb a day for them even to start thinking about asking you to tone down your use. I don't want to have to pay full price for my phones though and I don't use that much data either as it turns out even though I'm what most would call a 'heavy user' - 5.2GB since November 9, 2007.

idlerp

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]Pesh[/nom]Alltell was bought by Verizon.......[/citation]

"On June 5, 2008, Verizon Wireless announced it would acquire the majority of Alltel Wireless in a deal valued at $28.1 billion. The merger was approved by the Federal Communications Commission on the condition that Verizon divest 105 Alltel markets. On May 8, 2009, AT&T announced it would acquire 79 of the divested wireless properties, including licenses, network assets, and 1.5 million current subscribers, primarily in rural areas across 18 states."

It was bought by both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS