T-Mobile "Jump" Allows Upgrades Every Six Months

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevessvt

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
Is the early termination fee you speak of the mere fact that you have to pay the balance of a financed phone if you left early? What idiot would think that you would get to walk away without paying the balance of an outstanding bill??

vmem

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
I believe the outstanding bill is indeed the "fee" the article refers to. and remember, Bush was elected twice, so I'm not surprised that people think they can walk away with a "free phone" lol

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
It's just amazing how Toms LIES about being able to leave T-Mobile early.

Fact: There is no contract and absolutely NO EARLY TERMINATION FEE.
Fact: If, and only IF, you finance a phone, you have to pay the remaining balance of the finance agreement if you leave early.
Fact: You can pay off the financing at any time.

Kevin, can you try posting actual FACTS about what you're calling an "early termination fee" instead of the usual lies? It is not, in any way, an early termination fee. It's a 24 month financing agreement that requires payment in full if service is cancelled before that 24 month period ends. It is NOT, in any way an "early termination fee". An "early termination fee" implies that you'll be forced to pay an additional amount to get out of your contract if you choose to end it early. With T-Mobile, you finance a phone but can pay it off at any time and then cancel your service with no additional fees.

24oz

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
Going to buy a Nexus 4 from Google and leave ATT for T Mobile when my contract is up in OCT.it will be cheaper and no contract or obligations this way.

lindethier

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
I'm switching to T-Mobile at the end of the year when my contract is up. I'll be saving about $50 a month on a new plan for my wife and I. The service I have in my area just isn't that good, so I don't see why I should bother paying more.

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
"Simply trade in an eligible T-Mobile phone in good working condition at a participating store location," the company said. "Any remaining Equipment Installment Plan (EIP) payments will be eliminated, and current customers can purchase new phones for the same upfront pricing as new customers, with device financing and Simple Choice Plan, a no-annual-service contract"
You have to pay $10 a month additional, after 6 months you are eligible. I don't think it could be any clearer.
T-Mobile is the only true unlimited service, but at a premium something like $98 a month. I remember when I started to use tethering they asked for $15 more a month on my old plan not unlimited $68, before I switched carriers.

jabliese

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Assuming there are going to be some readers here as "comprehension challenged" as Mr. Parrish, under an early termination fee, if you are 23 months into a 24 month contract, and want to cancel the contract, you are obligated to pay the termination fee, let's say, $200.

Under T-mobile's terms, assuming you have spread out the cost of your phone over 2 years, if you leave T-mobile in month 23, you have to pay the last month of hardware payment, which, depending on your phone, might be $20, or might be $60. Can you see a difference? Mr. Parrish does not.

Also, Mr. Parrish, not every phone payment plan offered by T-mobile runs for 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS