T-Mobile Offering 4G Phones, Tablets for Free on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]wiyosaya[/nom]Give me unlimited and unthrottled data and I'll switch.[/citation]

agreed, that is why i'm with sprint... my choice of phones is pretty bland... but the unlimited nonthrottled data on my grandfathered 64.95 a month plan is pretty hard to beat

digitalzom-b

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
[citation][nom]g00fysmiley[/nom]agreed, that is why i'm with sprint... my choice of phones is pretty bland... but the unlimited nonthrottled data on my grandfathered 64.95 a month plan is pretty hard to beat[/citation]

Exactly why I am still on my parent's plan, and while I stay on there as long as I can.

G

"I don't care what anyone says... HSPA+ is not 4G. T-Mobile is the only major carrier not going to LTE. I get 32mbps down and 14up on my Razor Maxx on Verizon."

People like you are why we have data caps. The carriers race to claim the fastest speed, but they dont have the infrastructure to sustain it, so they have to cap us to keep those speeds high. There is no practical purpose for 32mbps down on a 4" screen. There is no media or content out there, either movies or video games, which cannot already be streamed in real time at far slower speeds.

I would much rather have unlimited 6mbps on my phone than a shitty 2GB cap at 32mbps. (Luckily for me I actually AM unlimited with verizon grandfather clause)

Anyway this is a ridiculously sick deal. I was looking to get my wife a SGSII. Who cares if it's a rebate? You'll get it in like 2 months. Would you not take a check for $279 in 2 months? Tmo is actually offering visa check cards for this. So use it on groceries and gas and all the other stuff you do. $279 is still $279 no matter which way you spend it. Use it to pay your damn cellphone bill for the next 5 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.