Solved! TCL 65E17US HDMI 1.4 default setting

Sep 29, 2018
Hi guys this is my first post (gulp). I have a TCL 65E17US which I bought after a bit of looking around a few months ago. When trying to setup 4K for the Xbox one S (with the HDMI cable from Xbox) I get a message saying "this TV supports 4K, but not at 60Hz" or "Sorry this TV will not support that resolution".

I know that the TV supports 60Hz but there's nothing in the manual about the HDMI ports being 1.4 or 2.0, but by reading other posts online it seems to be 1.4 by default but can be changed to 2.0 but there are no advanced settings on the TV that I can find to check or change them.

I've seen someone saying in a post it can be changed deep in the menu settings but I can't find them anywhere! Maybe they are in a hidden service menu or something but I don't know how to access it.

Here is the tv manual:
https://www.tclelectronics.com.au/downloads/user_manuals/Series_E17_User_Manual.pdf

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks guys.

Sep 29, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from ciaran-rob : "TCL 65E17US HDMI 1.4 default setting"

Hi guys this is my first post (gulp). I have a TCL 65E17US which I bought after a bit of looking around a few months ago. When trying to setup 4K for the Xbox one S (with the HDMI cable from Xbox) I get a message saying "this TV supports 4K, but not at 60Hz" or "Sorry this TV will not support that resolution".

I know that the TV supports 60Hz but there's nothing in the manual about the HDMI ports being 1.4 or 2.0, but by reading other posts online it seems to be 1.4 by default but can be changed to 2.0 but there are no advanced settings on the TV that I can find to check or change them.

I've seen someone saying in a post it can be changed deep in the menu settings but I can't find them anywhere! Maybe they are in a hidden service menu or something but I don't know how to access it.

Here is the tv manual:
https://www.tclelectronics.com.au/downloads/user_manual...

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks guys.

Sep 29, 2018

Thanks for your reply but my TV is not a roku TV so don't have these options to select HDMI 2.0