Solved! TCL P605 TV will not produce any sound

Paddy98

Honorable
Aug 29, 2014
My parents have a TCL P 605 Roku TV. They had a soundbar connected to it via 3.5mm aux cable. My mom attempted to take the sound bar off of the entertainment stand while it was still plugged into the 3.5mm aux port on the TV and tweaked the port.

For a little while, the TV could only produce sound through the soundbar if the audio jack was held in the damaged port at just the right angle. But then, when I was attempting to set the jack in the port in a position that would produce sound, I broke off the aux port because it was already loose. The port was loose inside the TV.

Now the TV will not produce sound of any kind. Even when I change the settings to use the ordinary built-in speakers, the TV produces no sound. Does anybody have any idea what's wrong and how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
The 3.5mm jack is described as a headphone jack. That would cut off the TV speakers when a plug was inserted. The audio for the TV speakers would then have to go through the jack. When the jack was damaged that could cause the audio to not go through to the TV speakers. A tech could repair the circuit board and replace the jack if needed.
Another solution is to use HDMI-ARC or the optical audio output of the TV.
If the soundbar doesn't have those as an option you can get an optical to analog converter.
The 3.5mm jack is described as a headphone jack. That would cut off the TV speakers when a plug was inserted. The audio for the TV speakers would then have to go through the jack. When the jack was damaged that could cause the audio to not go through to the TV speakers. A tech could repair the circuit board and replace the jack if needed.
Another solution is to use HDMI-ARC or the optical audio output of the TV.
If the soundbar doesn't have those as an option you can get an optical to analog converter.

Solution