Teen Girl Rakes in $40K With Insane 'Friday' Song

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]Blessedman[/nom]Welcome to the future of music, lol[/citation]

you didn't really think your comment through much did you?

this isn't the future of music , it is the history of music as well , 90% of music that ever made it onto any charts was total utterly stupid crap .

all you have to do to understand this fact is look though a history film on modern popular music.

the internet is actualy a godsend to music in general , sure ocassionaly something really stupid gets popular , but in general the internet has allowed people to break outside of what the "industry" want to push down thier throats, not to forget it has done wanders , for musicains that would have otherwise never ben heard of , just becasue they didn't kiss the right butt cheek or smoke the right pole .

and if the occasional stup[id pop song gets popular , i think it a great price to pay. after all when the industry was force feeding everyone what they wanted to sell , they often force fed us far greater number of stupid sh-- songs , than what gets popular off the web.

G

How I miss the times I listened to bands like AC/DC, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Bad Religion in my TV... Not c*** like this...a female version of Justin Bieber... =(
Please save the music!

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]tri force[/nom]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw8IEd3LDzgThis cover doesn't sound too bad. Have a listen[/citation]
GREAT cover

what the fuck does a 13 yo know about partying? unless she's a slut in the making. i don't approve of this music.

lancelot123

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
Damn you Tosh.0 blog, damn you to hell for making this popular! I find it funny how people assume other people really like this song due to the number of views. It is because it sucks so bad, thats why it is popular. Jay Leno, I'm looking at you.

cablechewer

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
Well, she is 13. How deep do you expect her lyrics to be? :) The lyrics were so bad I found them funny. If all she has to do is show up and sing bad lyrics then there is nothing to be impressed with here (well she sings better than me, but then so did my cat when I accidentally stepped on her paw this morning). If she had to do more then maybe, maybe she has some talent. Either way Kudos to her. Her video is making more money than my stocks this year... :D

jalek

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
Kickin’ in the front seat
Sittin’ in the back seat
Gotta make my mind up
Which seat can I take?

That's some songwriting right there.. it's getting linked like the old Rick Astley video once was.
It does beg the question, which seat she decide on?

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]11796pcs[/nom]This is by far the best version,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwvdxV26q8I[/citation]
listen to the real song first, cant stop loling now

steelbox

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
jla0 thats because those who post above you are a bunch of douchbag idiotic trolls. The girl is beautiful, she sing great, the music is not shallow and definitely not trash. The video is well made, the rap part is cool. A great video and it deserves the credibility it is getting around the world. Kudos to the lady.

wribbs

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
This song is just a huge joke. The terrible singing, idiotic lyrics and somewhat catchyness are just perfect to remake and mock to no end. To quote Wikipedia, "She is the first recorded attempt of cultural satire in pop music using the innocence and gullibility of a 13-year-old girl."

Then again I could be wrong...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0Gs4xGw1Eg

oneseraph

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
Wow,
it's Friday, Friday
I can taste the vomit in my mouth
OH NO!
OH NO!
Heard a sickening song
called Friday
on Friday
OH NO!
OH NO!
gonna puke all over
the place,
The Place
because I heard a song called
Friday, Friday
wish I could throw up on Rebecca Black
because of Friday, Friday

The_Prophecy

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
Wow... In the last 4 minutes, I think my IQ actually dropped a couple of points. Thanks so much...

Edit: Watched the cover posted in the comments and managed to regain some of those lost points.

Status
Not open for further replies.