Teen Girl Rakes in $40K With Insane 'Friday' Song

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caffeinecarl

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
[citation][nom]11796pcs[/nom]This is by far the best version,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwvdxV26q8I[/citation]
Ahh, yes! The CENSORED version!

Darkv1

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
[citation][nom]CaffeineCarl[/nom]Ahh, yes! The CENSORED version![/citation]
Amazing how a few beeps can turn something this horrible into something quite amusing...

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]jsheridan[/nom]What happened to good music? People will listen to anything with a good beat now-a-days even if the lyrics don't make sense.[/citation]
old music has fucked up lyrics too - that isn't restricted to modern stuff

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]griffed88[/nom]If it's the future of music it's because people are paying attention to it lolEven though the lyrics are so bad, it's catchy as hell. That's the difference between a crappy song that no one cares about and a crappy song that gets 50 million views.[/citation]
It's not catchy, it's memorable - there's a distinct difference.
The same way that having gangreen is memorable, or being in a car crash is memorable.

rust1d

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
Two things: First, people do not like quality things anymore. You really do not have to have any talent. She will fall under the umbrella of the star wars kids, EBM etc. Second, the song is popular because it is bad and people are making fun of it. She is just too young to understand sarcasm.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]rust1d[/nom]Two things: First, people do not like quality things anymore. You really do not have to have any talent. She will fall under the umbrella of the star wars kids, EBM etc. Second, the song is popular because it is bad and people are making fun of it. She is just too young to understand sarcasm.[/citation]
Yeah, young, stupid, talentless and $40,000 richer

tburns1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Pure drivel, but catchy in a "I'm-a-twit" way. She can sing -- I (and many others) heard her sing the national anthem, unadjusted. Not sure why she was adjusted for the song. I guess "just in case". Successful pop songs are generally trash, lyrically. Happy people are generally not interested in thinking about thier music, just enjoying it. Anyone from my generation remember Duran Duran? Point made.

chazwicke

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
Man you guys are really something hating on a 13 year old girl.
Show me one 13 year old girl who doesn't dream of being a video pop diva.
Her folks had the scratch to make it happen for her. Kudos to them.
Ark Music did a first rate production by any modern standards kudos to them. The Blacks got what they paid for.
Here's a 13 yr. old living her dream, making more money than no doubt a great deal of you talentless bastages who never had the cajones to even TRY your dreams.
As for content, oh it's so hugely different from everything else on the radio. Really ? Tik Tok anyone ?
Also as for the imagined glorious past of the pop song
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hot_100_number-one_singles_of_2010_(U.S.)
Peruse any year you like for an eye opener.
Stop hatin' on the kid for heaven's sake.
Oh and how about sending us links to your musical masterpieces on YouTube ?

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
I've heard far worse songs come out of the music industry than that. It's 13 year old girl ffs... let her enjoy her song. You people are pretty sick hating on her that much - I bet if she was your daughter you wouldn't do that.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
When I first heard this song last week I was told that it was absolutely horrible, but really it doesn't sound any different than all the other pop trash that is produced. Sure the lyrics are especially terrible, but the music sounds like it could be any other teen pop star.

G

She's definitely talented, but...
her voice is so very obnoxious! Finger nails on a chalk board comes to mind.

wmtyrance

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2008
I'm proud to say i didn't click on any links for this song. I think i'm the only one in my circle that has not heard it yet.

G

If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

In simple terms for all the haters: Get over it and move on, there are more important things to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.