Teen Girl Rakes in $40K With Insane 'Friday' Song

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amigafan

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
Come on, this is the exact same manipulation like with that stupid "Charlie bit my finger". I can't believe this would become viral *naturally*.

rooseveltdon

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
[citation][nom]steelbox[/nom]jla0 thats because those who post above you are a bunch of douchbag idiotic trolls. The girl is beautiful, she sing great, the music is not shallow and definitely not trash. The video is well made, the rap part is cool. A great video and it deserves the credibility it is getting around the world. Kudos to the lady.[/citation]

Stop dishonoring the house of Batiatus with such filth

Grunberg

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
Does anyone realize that BOB DYLAN originally recorded this song decades ago (in his own style, of course).

Look it up on YouTube.

banthracis

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
[citation][nom]Grunberg[/nom]Does anyone realize that BOB DYLAN originally recorded this song decades ago (in his own style, of course).Look it up on YouTube.[/citation]

Another person that apparently doesn't read....

It was a spoof JOKE from comedy central.

Really, I can't believe who's the greater idiot, that girl for thinking she can sing, or you idiots who actually believe Bob Dylan sang that song.

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
banthracis, you cant teach an old dog new tricks and you certanly cant teach people to enjoy decent music and a good taste in wine and food

i play an instrument so soungs like this are torture to me, i couldnt even listen to it all

ArgleBargle

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
Just goes to show that it's better to be lucky than good. Because let's face it: the only reason this girl has become so famous and made so much money off this is because of LUCK. Thousands of musicians who are better have not gotten the breaks she has.
Oh, but congratulations to her good fortune. Even though, really, she had nothing to do with it at all.

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
I think its gone viral because the video seems professionally done and her talent is... well not quite professional. I actually thought she was some new pop artist when I watched it, even though I was severely disappointed at what I was watching.

bunz_of_steel

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
A 13 year old makes a song that raked in $40K whether it makes sense or the literacy value of the song really isn't the point. It's like someone saying "I just bought some stock share option with open trading and open bid for sale with a indefinite close in a company called ibm for $14". Makes no sense to the idiot and uninformed but makes total sense to any who knows anything about the value of the stock market. Point isn't if the song is good bad or indifferent. How can the rest of us lowlifes get in on this? What is it about this video that makes it so appealing? Specifically to the 50+ million viewers. The answer is obvious but like the majority of peeps we miss the mark because we reflex from our likes/dislikes instead of an unbiased objective to the potential of something like this. Be like most of these posts and just say" ... aaahhh me no like song, make no sense..." or figure out the marketing angle and how it plays in the future role of I.T.

TSM

G

Well, as a recording engineer:

She has no concept of singing on-beat, I'm not sure if the recording engineer tried too hard to fix it or if it was just that far off to begin with...

She has no concept of singing on-key. The recording engineer did a decent job of fixing it.

Hell, my wife can't sing either, but between my talent and her good looks, I'm beginning to think I need to start cashing in on it... I've always prided myself on not being a sell-out/pop-princess, but this could be easy money for relatively little effort...

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
actually watched more of it this time.

It doesn't seem to be much worse than the typical teen-crap from Disney or Nickelodeon.

seeing and hearing what I saw - she is doing the typical STUPID young teen crap. being 13 or so and hanging around - doing drugs / sex / drinking with a bunch of 16~18yr olds and somehow THINKING they are adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.