Television-amplifier sound problem

Makonn

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016
My computer setup is the following: Main display attached to the GPU through displayport, Television attached to GPU though HDMI, Second display attached to motherboard through VGA and amplifier attached to motherboard through HDMI.

The problem is that when I have television and amplifier connected through HDMI the amplifier wont get noticed at all. Not in the device manager or anywhere else. The second I remove the television from motherboard the sound directs to amplifier and gets noticed by windows once again. Again, if I connect the television back to computer the audio will direct back to television and amplfier disapears from sight.

Everything was working fine until one night my computer decided to stop recognizing my amplifier. My computer flashed all the screens, like the effect while changing the main screen, and then stopped to recognice the amplifier.

I have tried to reinstal all the possible sound drivers and swapping the places of the hdmi's on my computer, with no luck. The curious thing is that everything was working fine and now its not. I dont think it can be the cables either since if I dont have television connected everything works fine.

Any smart ideas how to fix this? Next step for me is to reinstal windows but I wouldnt like to do that.

Solution
it might possibly be your windows forcing audio through the other directions , may i ask , are you using a dedicated video card for those actions? if so , try turning off audio through those connections and see if the amp can be read

it sounds like your trying to run on board graphics and run a pcie video card which could be pulling to much power

are you running a usb amp aswell?

Makonn

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016
Shameless bump and an addition

If I remove the second screen from its VGA slot windows once again finds all the current devices and I can change the sound to the amplifier. It seems that Windows just doesnt want to recognize all the four devices and drops the amplfier out of the ring. Or can this be becouse of a faulty mobo? This problem get more interesting day by day.

TemplarBlood

Estimable
Sep 17, 2014
it might possibly be your windows forcing audio through the other directions , may i ask , are you using a dedicated video card for those actions? if so , try turning off audio through those connections and see if the amp can be read

it sounds like your trying to run on board graphics and run a pcie video card which could be pulling to much power

are you running a usb amp aswell?

Solution