Solved! Temperature question on laptops

Mar 25, 2018
Well, i have the Asus FX553VE gaming laptop, and the CPU is i7-7700HQ. whenever i play a game i sometimes get 87-91C on my CPU temp. is this okay? i have a new cooling pad, and the CPU sometimes cools down fast because of it. sooo, is 87-91C CPU temp safe?

Solution
What games do you tax the laptop to reach those temps? You may want to see if reducing game details helps bring down the temps. those temps a little alarming since they are borderline for thermal throttling. In fact I'm inclined to suggest that you change the thermal paste in the laptop's cooling solution if it's past it's warranty period.

Lutfij

Splendid
What games do you tax the laptop to reach those temps? You may want to see if reducing game details helps bring down the temps. those temps a little alarming since they are borderline for thermal throttling. In fact I'm inclined to suggest that you change the thermal paste in the laptop's cooling solution if it's past it's warranty period.

Solution
Mar 25, 2018

well, ive been playing a lot of Witcher 3 lately. Even Dota2 is giving me 88-89C.

Edit: its a new Laptop btw, so i doubt its the thermal paste.