Temps Reading Shows Throttling But Not Physically Hot?

TastyBl00d

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
Hi Im using Alienware 15 R2, I had an issue where my laptop kinda hot. Here are some of the situations

1. I can feel the hot thru the fan wind even not doing anything
2. When heavy gaming, ex. BF4 on ultra it can get 70-60 fps..very smooth then not even 5 min playing it wud drop fps and in the Intel XTU shows yeah thermal throttling.
3. I use open hardware monitor software, when not gaming my cpu temps range 50c - 60c and when gaming max sometimes 94c.

But just now I use Thermal Grizzly Conductonout which is liquid metal. My gpu temps result kinda get better. What the biggest problem is my cpu kinda throttling all the time, even doing nothing, the fan get faster all of sudden and most of the time my cpu 70-99. WTF? Getting worse tho.

BUT, I can feel from my keyboard its way much cooler than before, even I can say that the wind from the fan way much cooler than before I use the liquid metal. I dont understand?

Then when gaming in BF4, even from the start of the gameplay I instantly get 10-20 FPS almost all the time...this is getting alot worse!! Why?!!

Srry for my bad english. I insert some picture here.

Capture_zpsin4qocif.jpg
[/URL][/img]

First Picture is current temps. The CPU throttling amost all the time but physically my laptop feel much cooler.

Here my picture of how I applied my liquid metal

Solution
maybe you should just get rid of the liquid metal and use thermal paste, but i'm still convinced your problem is your tape OR the seating of your thermal heat sink

ComputerGeek21

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
S: i might disagree but anyway i think your liquid metal is actually interfering with your thermometers inside your computer and if so your computer would be throtling because it "thinks" it's really hot but its not... is that duck tape?? how much you wann bet the sensors are under that duck tape, trapped between the little air gaps. in the case that i'm wrong and getochkn is right your application of the liquid metal might be trapping heat?

TastyBl00d

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
Lol wrong button i didnt know that is a downvote button. I thought its for quote. Btw how come is this happen..I still dont get? The Liquid Metal shud kinda absorb the heat hmmm or the sensor problem?

TastyBl00d

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012

Yeah lol its absolutely the tape. I remove all of them then WOW everythings going great. I can Ultra Setting BF4 for 20 min without FPS drop, and the temp max for CPU and GPU seems alot better than before.

Thanks man.

Picture without tape.

20170809_205346_zpsqpfndkgh.jpg
[/URL][/img]