The latest Intel® Core™ i7 processor RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 2 TB HDD Would I be able to play games on this laptop?

Tom_203

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
Can a laptop with these details play games like gmod, undertale and minecraft?
Everyday: All-rounder for work and play
Windows 10
The latest Intel® Core™ i7 processor
RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 2 TB HDD
Up to 9.5 hours battery life

Solution
Assuming the laptop you described above is powered by U series i7 CPU (you said: "Up to 9.5 hours battery life").
It's fine for minecraft at medium to high setting without shaders mod and normal render distance.
For gmod, you need to lower the setting until you feel comfortable with the performance.

Remember, it's an Low Voltage CPU with two cores and four threads with 15w of TDP. Don't expect much from it.

Does that laptop have dedicated GPU?
If yes it's a dramatic FPS boost if enabled.

samirhasan01

Prominent
Feb 9, 2017
you should be able to run minecraft and gmod, but you are going to have to turn down some of the settings, if you are spending $800+ on a laptop, I would recommend the new dell inspiron that has a dedicated card, looks really cool and is powerful.

alth0triplemadang

Estimable
Feb 4, 2015
Assuming the laptop you described above is powered by U series i7 CPU (you said: "Up to 9.5 hours battery life").
It's fine for minecraft at medium to high setting without shaders mod and normal render distance.
For gmod, you need to lower the setting until you feel comfortable with the performance.

Remember, it's an Low Voltage CPU with two cores and four threads with 15w of TDP. Don't expect much from it.

Does that laptop have dedicated GPU?
If yes it's a dramatic FPS boost if enabled.

Solution