The New Xbox 360 Dashboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattPenner

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2007
I have to agree. Where is there a video we can actually see this in action? Maybe then we'll have an idea of what the MS Marketeers have in mind, besides making us look at boring UI's.

I feel like the WP7 Marketeers and the new XBOX ones are cut from the same cloth. Seriously, when you look at an Android phone still pic, it looks sexy and awesome. If you look at one for an iPhone, the same. Even the Palm Pre looks pretty good in a still. The WP7? Booooooorring. Ugh. I'm stoked about finally being able to develop for a phone using .Net (yes, I haven't toyed with Mono yet) but why do I have to tell my friends: "Yeah, it looks like a bunch of legos or my kids artwork, but wait 'til you see what it can do!"

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
Is there an option to keep my old dashboard? I don't plan on getting that new motion sensing bit for a long time and that new GUI is just ugly.

dustcrusher

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
I like the idea of streaming a sports game and having a party chat on the same device. Other than that (and the real-time score watch), I'm not sure what is all that new or exciting here.

G

I agree with most of these comments, I just recently got a Xbox [already crashing on me =(] but I really do like the old Gui allot better then this bland white tile one ahhh well I'll just eventually hack my xbox and put a diff os on it anyways... just more motivation all this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.