The Next Xbox May Use AMD Chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]djcoolmasterx[/nom]The expression is "couldn't care less"http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/care.html[/citation]You're wasting your time, mate. He is likely to repeat the exact same mistake tomorrow, and you will be called a grammar nazi for your trouble.

etichi

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
I love my xbox. While I am a little sad they aren't going through with a refresh next year it will be that much better when it does arrive.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]etichi[/nom]I love my xbox. While I am a little sad they aren't going through with a refresh next year it will be that much better when it does arrive.[/citation]

And your RRoD experince will be better than ever! ;)

G

Its the PS3 that's lacking backwards compatibility, the 360 does it just fine and does it in software. PS3 on the otherhand has never been able to emmulate even the much less powerful (relative to the original Xbox) PS2. This speaks to the real power differences between the machines.

G

"Its the PS3 that's lacking backwards compatibility, the 360 does it just fine and does it in software."
WRONG! actually the original ps3(20gig?)had full BC, the slim doesn't. The 360's BC is limited at best, not all titles work.

"This speaks to the real power differences between the machines"
WRONG! it doesn't say shit.

bob_vicktor

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
[citation][nom]2323x[/nom]Its the PS3 that's lacking backwards compatibility, the 360 does it just fine and does it in software. PS3 on the otherhand has never been able to emmulate even the much less powerful (relative to the original Xbox) PS2. This speaks to the real power differences between the machines.[/citation]

I'm sorry, you are completely misinformed. The PS3 can't emulate the PS2 anymore because of a completely different architecture. The first models actually had a complete PS2 processor in it for backwards compatibility purposes, but they had to cut it for cost.

The 360, on the other hand, needs a patch to play a rather paltry list of original xbox games.

Oh, and the PS3 could actually eat the 360 for a late night snack. The 360's processor is actually a dumbed down (and ripped off) PS3 cell processor. Get your facts straight.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
No surprise about the potential switch to AMD, they're totally kicking ass in the graphics department lately. Now the CPUs on the other hand . . .

bob_vicktor

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
[citation][nom]bob_vicktor[/nom]Get your facts straight.[/citation]

Ok, that didn't quite come out right...
What I mean is that it is a good idea to keep up so you aren't seen as a just some idiot spamming the comments.
Ok, that wasn't much better, but I tried. :-D

princeofdreams

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
I hope the really beef up the Xbox 360, make it super powerful and increase it's memory while they are at it, not that I give a shit about the actual Xbox but at least the games that come out for the PC will start to improve considering everything is just a fucking Xbox port these days and restricted to its current shitty hardware

shrex

Distinguished
May 19, 2008
I hope console makers will stop using IBM CPUs and go with x86 Intel and AMD next generation. Im sure it will be good for them finacially aswell because they would save on development costs and porting would be easier. Also it would be nice if they werent so stingy with the edram next time. Make it big enough to give 4xAA at 1920x1080.

Status
Not open for further replies.