The value of an ACER chromebook 13

tlgriffith

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
I want to buy an ACER chromebook 13 off of Amazon.

The only options available for purchase are

Option 1: 2gb ram and HD ($180)

Option 2: 2gb ram and full HD ($280)

Option 3: 4gb ram and full hd ($370)

I'm not sure which option would be best for me. I don't have a preference with the resolution, I'm more concerned about if the 2gb ram is going to be enough. The plan is to use the chromebook for Internet/school use but if I limit myself to 2gb then I limit the chromebook multitasking potential.

Is doubling the price worth the extra 2gb of ram and going from HD to full HD?

Money is not to big a concern, just focused on the value difference or the possibility of being unsatisfied with the inexpensive option.

Solution
I'd go with the upgraded one, 2 GB RAM even for a chromebook is low. If it's a small screen, a 720 resolution may be fine on it, if you can upgrade the RAM yourself, maybe get the lower spec one, and just buy a RAM stick for it, will save $150 or so. Take a look at the different models in a store, see what you think about the screen.
I'd go with the upgraded one, 2 GB RAM even for a chromebook is low. If it's a small screen, a 720 resolution may be fine on it, if you can upgrade the RAM yourself, maybe get the lower spec one, and just buy a RAM stick for it, will save $150 or so. Take a look at the different models in a store, see what you think about the screen.

Solution

Steve Simons

Estimable
May 31, 2014
If you haven't bought yet, I'd go with the HP G4 model. We have hundreds of them in our building and they kick butt. 4 GB RAM, Intel processor, excellent battery life (about 8-10 hours). We pay just over $250 a piece and that's with the enterprise fee. $370 is way overpriced.

TRENDING THREADS