there are some songs that my galaxy 4s does not let me move/copy to sd card. why?

MsJazz

Estimable
Jun 13, 2014

When you long-press the title, what does the drop-down menu show (list)?

You didn't mention your carrier, if you downloaded the music yourself, whether they were paid or free or what the source was that you used.

Based on what information you provided, they might have been pre-installed as system ringtones and locked to your phone's internal storage. The only way you might be able to do a transfer would be to root your device.

Sometimes, if the tones were downloaded from your carrier's Web site, the carrier might lock them onto your device to discourage sharing. I remember such experiences when I had Virgin Mobile.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Android Smartphones 1
K Android Smartphones 1
S Android Smartphones 1
D Android Smartphones 4
L Android Smartphones 1
J Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 1
F Android Smartphones 2
S Android Smartphones 1
P Android Smartphones 1
S Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 1
A Android Smartphones 1
R Android Smartphones 1
K Android Smartphones 1
K Android Smartphones 1
K Android Smartphones 2
T Android Smartphones 1
K Android Smartphones 1
viveknayyar007 Android Smartphones 0
Similar threads
I purchased a song on Google play but it doesn't show on my library even when i try to search it from my file storage it's not
How do I keep the song order in my itunes playlist when transfered to my Huawei phone (Google Play Music or any music app)?
How can I get my pictures,songs and videos back .i use Samsung
Downloading Spotify songs onto SD card
I saved a song to gallery but can't find it
Is there a way I can transfer songs from my ZTE to iPod Shuffle without a computer
I have latest android mobile,this mobile movies and vedio songs how to connect my car dvd (sony tuch dvd audio and vedio cable
How can i save my song free up space without losing my music
Whenever I try to download a song from chrome it says "can't download it due to missing SD card". All tho I have a 16gb SD car
songs in order
my huawei 530 can't save picture songs etc to internal storage why?
I have downloade a song that Id like to use as an incoming ringtone
I have a note 4 android with 32 gb I only have 4 apps and 6 songs downloaded and it's says that storage is full, please help
How do i delete a song from 'device storage/Audio' on Samsung Galaxy S4
My head phones in my htc static and skips song and i need an elastic band to help it kinda work
How do i transfer my songs to SD card from my android phone?
I reset my phone and now I have lost all of my songs. How do I get them back??
How can I copy or move a file/song that's in the downloaded folder into my music library? is it possible to do this. I went t
how to move song to SD card
Preventing Play Music from Stopping Songs Randomly

ASK THE COMMUNITY