There is no display and cooling fan isn't rotating for LENOVO G505s, what could be the problem?

ps2791

Estimable
Feb 16, 2015
Every time I start the laptop it takes near about 15 minutes to get to the welcome screen and during that 15 minutes of time the processor fan don't move and that heats up the laptop (means processor keeps running during that period). Two LEDs at the front keep glowing and the hard disk also keeps rotating but the arm inside the hard disk don't move (I figured that out putting my ear over the laptop and listening to the sound). But when the laptop turns on it runs without a glitch.
To troubleshoot this I have re-installed windows, disabled all unnecessary start-up programs and also I use regularly updated genuine Anti-virus, but still the problem persists.
If anyone understands the problem please enlighten me.

ps2791

Estimable
Feb 16, 2015

Thank you very much for your reply but let me inform you that, when the laptop starts, its runs without any issues for hours. And during start up when I press the power button, the fan rotates for a moment and then freezes. Sometimes I have to press and hold the power button to switch it off as the processor side gets too hot and still it don't start up.
Even Lenovo service center also unable to detect the problem, they just want to replace the motherboard... :??:
Any Ideas?

psycrow395

Honorable
Feb 13, 2012
well lenovo is right and as i said the fans could be faulty but that could be due to a problem with the motherboard i am in no rights an expert but i do my best to try and help i would go with what lenovo recommends

ps2791

Estimable
Feb 16, 2015

Thank you so much that you tried and helped me to take the decision. I will proceed to change the Motherboard then.