These are my narrowed security softwares. Advice?

Naicheervan Abbas

Estimable
Jun 6, 2014
I'm looking for an antivirus/internet security software and i've managed to narrow it down to 3. Here's the list: Norton Internet Security 2015; Bitdefender Internet Security 2015; Malwarbytes. If i could get some advice on which to go for, I would really appreciate it. I'm stuck here. Thank you

Solution
Nortan Internet Security

Pros:
- Blocks virus very well
- Clean and simple UI
- Well known company

Cons:
- Slows down PC (very demanding)

Bitdefender Internet security

Pros:
- Very undemanding (keeps your pc running fast)
- Nice and sleek UI
- Easy to use

Cons:
- High RAM usage during scan

Malwarbytes

Pros:
- protection against most PC threats

Cons:
- software slows down your pc
- Terrible UI

Conclusion:

In conclusion I would choose Bitdefender Internet security, it's a great internet security and out of all of these is the the only one that is not demanding, it protects you PC...

TechiCanadian

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015
Nortan Internet Security

Pros:
- Blocks virus very well
- Clean and simple UI
- Well known company

Cons:
- Slows down PC (very demanding)

Bitdefender Internet security

Pros:
- Very undemanding (keeps your pc running fast)
- Nice and sleek UI
- Easy to use

Cons:
- High RAM usage during scan

Malwarbytes

Pros:
- protection against most PC threats

Cons:
- software slows down your pc
- Terrible UI

Conclusion:

In conclusion I would choose Bitdefender Internet security, it's a great internet security and out of all of these is the the only one that is not demanding, it protects you PC just as much as Nortan Internet Security and Malwarbytes. I have owned Nortan Internet Security, and although I like the UI, the software is way too demanding out of all the Internet security out there this one is the most demanding. As for Malwarbytes, i had never even heard about it, i did some quick research and it turns out that it is not all that good most review sites give it a 5/10. Not to mention that the UI on it is disgusting.

Bitdefender Internet security IMAGE:
363897-bitdefender-internet-security-2015-main-window.jpg

Nortan Internet Security IMAGE:
564-norton-internet-security3.jpg

Malwarbytes IMAGE:
3104-malwarebytes-anti-malware4.jpg

I hope I helped you with your choice!
Cheers!

-Byron

Solution

USAFRet

Illustrious

Both. BitDefender is an always-on antivirus. Malwarebytes (the free version) is an on demand malware eradicator.

Naicheervan Abbas

Estimable
Jun 6, 2014

Thank you. You gave some good points. I used norton before and it didn't seem too bad with the power usage (i think updates fixed that), but I've been very intrigued by bit defender. i think i may go for it. is it easy to uninstall if i decide i don't want it anymore?

TechiCanadian

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015

Its not as good looking and it has that windows XP look to it. i meant look wise

TechiCanadian

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015

Very easy to uninstall just a couple clicks and it's uninstalled, i currently use Bitdefender so :p

USAFRet

Illustrious

I prefer a company making the tool work better, rather than expending resources on making it look flashy.
But, whatever. MalwareBytes is a very capable anti-malware tool.

CWEric

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware is meant to be run with your primary antivirus. If you only use MalwareBytes Anti-Malware then you are doing it wrong.

MalwareBytes Anti-Malware is excluded from the only 1 real-time anti-virus protection rule and so is Emsisoft Anti-Malware (Notice they are both called Anti-Malware and not Anti-Virus). MalwareBytes Anti-Malware is not recommended to be run by itself as it was design more on compatibility than performance.