This Phone Actually Runs Windows 7 Home Prem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

It'll be slow, right? Atom processor and 1 GB of RAM, not exactly the right hardware to run Windows 7.

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
For the OS requirements, could you choice to install of different OS?

Windows 7 phone im sure is fairly interest to have on say a smart phone of course. but fairly expensive OS system for a phone i would think.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
If I was to install an OS on a phone I would try a flavor a version of Linux. It would be fast, cheap and I could manipulate the hell out of it.
[citation][nom]rad666[/nom]But will it play Crysis? Someone had to post it...[/citation]
First of all, the new de facto standard is Crysis 2 now with DX11 and the High-Resolution Texture Pack. Second of all, Windows Vista can't even run on 1 GB of RAM much less Crysis.

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
[citation][nom]11796pcs[/nom] Second of all, Windows Vista can't even run on 1 GB of RAM much less Crysis.[/citation]
What exactly does this have to do with Vista?

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]rad666[/nom]But will it play Crysis? Someone had to post it...[/citation]
Actually, a relevant question in this rare instance.

decembermouse

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
[citation][nom]JD13[/nom]Why is this even a headline if they aren't even considering selling it in the US?[/citation]

Same reason so many other headlines are put up, which are cool inventions not intended for mass-production or sale. Some are only concepts or prototypes, for instance "Notebook Concept Charged by Dipping it in Water," while others are actual products that just aren't sold everywhere. Well, at least not yet.

Cosmonal

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
[citation][nom]JD13[/nom]Why is this even a headline if they aren't even considering selling it in the US?[/citation]

Because you are reading this content on the Internet, because... well, its *available* on the Intenet, for the "Internet folks". There's no such thing as "US Internet".

need4speeds

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2009
I seen it for sale when i was in the cell phone store boot at the mall. My 3 year old motorolla Krazer flip phone, (mostly i picked it for the 8 hour talk time). I ordered a new battery to use up the store credit at the end of the contract.

It's $549.99.

It's too pricy if you only need a phone.

But if you need to take a laptop around with you, and of course your cell phone too,
carrying around just a phone and a charger is alot lighter and easier.

http://www.onlive.com/support/performance
It sounds like if you have a fast enough internet connection, it should work on it.
Not sure if it would be too slow or not.

http://www.onlive.com/games/featuredgames#&sortby=alpha

Forget Crysis already. They only have certain games it seems on onlive, but some are pretty good games. You could play metro2033 instead. now that trumps crysis!.

Status
Not open for further replies.