Time to upgrade my msi gx70

Dark_Razor

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
Hi everyone. Before begin my questions i have to say english is not my native language, so sorry for my mistakes.

I have a msi gx70 destroyer , his motherboard is a ms 176k and supports only 16 gb. I have 8 gb ram with a kingston 1600 mhz one channel and i would like to ugrade to 16 gb dual channel. What memory ram do you think is the best coice in this moment? the scanner of crucial.com shows that i can put 1866 mhz ram. should i go for a 1600 mhz or 1866 mhz?

I want to buy a ssd too but im not sure of hat kind of ssd support. Mus be a mssd or a normal ssd? I was thinking about a kingston savage ssd but no im not sure if my notebook supports it.

The upgrades are because i want to extend the life of my msi and give him a boost :).

Sorry if i wrote somethingin thw wrong way.

Thanks !

I will write the question in spanish, maybe someone speak it.

Quiero actualizar my msi gx70, su placa es una ms 176k y leyendo vi que algunos dicen que pueden ponerse 32 gb de ram, pero en mi caso solo 16 gb. Quiero colocar 16 gb dual chanel ¿que me recomiendan? ¿puedo pasar de 1600 mhz a 1866 mhz?
Tambien quiero agregar una unidad ssd pero estuve leyendo que mi placa soporta una mssd y no ssd normal por lo qe ahora etoy confundido. Queria colorcar una kingston savage ssd.
La idea es actualizar mi notebook para darle buen rendimiento y estar actualizado lo mas posible al dia de hoy.

Gracias !

Solution
It's best to stick with DDRL but it isn't unusual for Crucial just to list it as DDR. I think you'll be quite safe and have a much faster laptop. Just to be certain, if you're buying from Crucial, do it over the telephone so you can ask what they are selling you.

Doing it the other way round might not work properly because DDRL needs a little more electric power than DDR.
Your English surpasses my Spanish by several hundreds of miles and even more kilometres.

I would take Crucial's advice and go for the maximum 1866. As to a solid state drive, it will fit and it will be faster than a spinning disk as well as cutting down on the heat in the case.

Dark_Razor

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016

Thank you ! crucial advice me ddr3 ram, but mine is ddr3l. Using a a ddr3 could be a problem ?

It's best to stick with DDRL but it isn't unusual for Crucial just to list it as DDR. I think you'll be quite safe and have a much faster laptop. Just to be certain, if you're buying from Crucial, do it over the telephone so you can ask what they are selling you.

Doing it the other way round might not work properly because DDRL needs a little more electric power than DDR.

Solution