Toddler Survives Getting Hit by a Train

Status
Not open for further replies.

stridervm

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2008
Holy crap. That's one lucky baby. And some internet vigilantes will probably stalk the mother of the (unlucky) baby.....

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
[citation][nom]angelofprogress[/nom]What on earth does this have to do with tech? Was the stroller bluetooth enabled? Just curious.[/citation]

The baby was the first field test of nano-bioregeneration technology. It passed the test so we should all know about it.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
A miraculous story! Tech or no tech, i'll read it. Glad the baby is ok. The mother should be more careful next time. No need to bash her for the lapse in judgment. Must be a horrible experience she went through watching the train dragged the stroller 30 meters.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]cookoy[/nom]A miraculous story! Tech or no tech, i'll read it. Glad the baby is ok. The mother should be more careful next time. No need to bash her for the lapse in judgment. Must be a horrible experience she went through watching the train dragged the stroller 30 meters.[/citation]

Agreed. I'm not trying to say she's negligent, just that she'll see the video and repeatedly beat herself up over not being more careful.

kalogagatya

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
I saw that on the news... What a horrible situation, I felt so agonized when i saw the baby being hit by the train, i can only imagine how the mother felt! And i suppose the traumatizing amount of pain she suffered will be more than enough punishment(you can see in the camera footage the state she's in..)

Extremely lucky baby, of course!

That being said, who the F*** designs train sidewalks that incline TOWARDS the line????

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
[citation][nom]gamerjames[/nom]Last sentence has bad grammar? How? Save means except.. so "He suffered no injuries EXCEPT for a bump to the side of his head.[/citation]

That last sentence is perfectly fine.
"He suffered no injuries save for a bump to the side of his head."

scryer_360

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
holy flipping shit batman. The kid lived? I would of thought he was done for when the stroller flipped over onto the bottom platform, but then the train.... omg.

G

um hello, she clearly tried to kill her baby, she was looking right at it as it rolled away

soul555top

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
Sticking with my theme from the last few days...

Ban Strollers. Er wait, the stroller "saved" the baby... Ban trams? Ah hell, ban Starcraft and knives, and the movie "Up". Oh, while I'm at it, ban kids selling video games and fire.

Glad the baby is alive and okay.

cielmerlion

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
[citation][nom]valcron[/nom]Being Agnostic Ill kill myself for saying this later...but this almost makes you want to believe.[/citation]

Nope sorry simple physics and luck. IF it wasnt for the stroller the baby would be in pieces

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
[citation][nom]Loonyx[/nom]um hello, she clearly tried to kill her baby, she was looking right at it as it rolled away[/citation]

No she could be looking up or right/left, you don't need to move your face/head to do that. She is just careless and the platform should have some kind of protection against things like these.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
So I got told off (Platypus: What exactly is so elusive about the name Tom's Hardware?) and received multiple thumbs down because yesterday I wrote comment about how a new logitech keyboard got a whole article yet real news about the fate of the entire high-speed internet competition in Canada is about to be eliminated, and yet here I am reading a news story about a baby being hit by a train in Australia. Yeah, Platypus, really interesting HARDWARE news!

Status
Not open for further replies.