Toshiba Audio Gaming/Daily Use issues

Rylan K

Estimable
Mar 28, 2014
Hi, after getting a Toshiba laptop for a small amount of time whilst I wait for my gaming comp to come in, I have been noticing a very irritating issue. When I am playing CSGO, or sometimes watching a YT video, the audio begins to fade in and out spontaneously. Like in CSGO, if action gets a little quiet it automatically begins to dip down and sound very scratchy. I also recently found out in the volume settings, that my headset or mic is not recognised. It has 1 setting each for Mic and playback and it is : Speakers, and Microphone. My old laptop recognised my headset so I think it might be old audio drivers.

One more problem to address while I am at it, when I am playing a competitive match with the power bar plugged in and all good and dandy, the laptop just shuts off without warning. Theres no virus, nor programs instigating this. It has happened four times now in the past 5 days.

Please help, I am very confused and these problems are beginning to get on my nerves.

SPECS : AMD A-10 Processor, AMD graphics card
Windows 8.1 64bit
8 GB Ram
750 GB of HDD
(IF YOU NEED EXACT SPECIFICATIONS OF A CERTAIN PART, LET ME KNOW)

thor220

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
That last issue sounds like the laptop is having heat issues and shuts itself off.

Can you hook up another set of headphones or speakers and see if the issue occurs? Audio drivers don't really get updated so I doubt they are the issue here.

Worst case scenario, you can return the laptop if these issues become too much. New laptops should be this sloppy.