Toshiba c50 won't stay powered on

Irvines02

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
Hi,

Needo advice. So Toshiba Satellite C50d-b-120 won't stay powered on even with the power cable in.

I have ever discharged it fully by taking the battery out, holding power button for 30 secs and then putting back together. It stays on for about 5 secs then powers off again. Any ideas?

Solution
Well if it works with the cord alone in, it could be a few things.

1. It could be the battery is no longer good and needs replacing.

2. The charging circuit on the motherboard could have fried. Meaning either the circuit alone, or the whole motherboard, would need to be replaced.

3. Also, the power cord could actually not be working correctly. Even though it is working when you plug it in alone, if the cord isn't drawing the correct amount of power it won't work well. It will either charge the battery alone, when the device is turned off, or it will run the device only when there is no battery in it to charge at the same time.

Irvines02

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016

Yes pulled the power out first then reconnected once battery was back in. I've since removed the battery and power cable and then just reattached the power cable and bingo it works, without powering off. I'm wondering though if there would be something else shorting it out. Or if it is definitely the battery?

Well if it works with the cord alone in, it could be a few things.

1. It could be the battery is no longer good and needs replacing.

2. The charging circuit on the motherboard could have fried. Meaning either the circuit alone, or the whole motherboard, would need to be replaced.

3. Also, the power cord could actually not be working correctly. Even though it is working when you plug it in alone, if the cord isn't drawing the correct amount of power it won't work well. It will either charge the battery alone, when the device is turned off, or it will run the device only when there is no battery in it to charge at the same time.

Solution