Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo9510

Estimable
Mar 26, 2015
Hi where can I download a Toshiba C850 recovery disk? windows 8.1, your help would be much appreciated.My step daughter has accidentally killed her laptop and I am desperately trying to restore her win 8.1 hdd. The laptop will not boot up keeps saying cannot read media and no bootable disk found, I am currently using my Lenovo G580 with her hdd connected through a USB connector.

Solution
Are you unable to get into the system restoration window by tapping the zero key on startup? There you can restore it to factory settings or just try a refresh. Either should work if the HDD is functional and still has it restore partition intact.

Take a look HERE for a video guide on Toshiba restoration.

And if you currently can access the drive, you might want to copy any important documents before continuing. Unless your laptop is still under warranty AFAIK you cannot download a free recovery disk, but you should not need one if the HDD is intact.

RealBeast

Distinguished
Are you unable to get into the system restoration window by tapping the zero key on startup? There you can restore it to factory settings or just try a refresh. Either should work if the HDD is functional and still has it restore partition intact.

Take a look HERE for a video guide on Toshiba restoration.

And if you currently can access the drive, you might want to copy any important documents before continuing. Unless your laptop is still under warranty AFAIK you cannot download a free recovery disk, but you should not need one if the HDD is intact.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.