Solved! Toshiba cd key

cisco1484

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
Is it possible to load Windows XP on a Toshiba laptop using the CD Key currently on the computer but using an XP disk from elsewhere? To put it another way, I am cleaning up a computer for someone who does not have any of the disks and I dont want to give them my CD key.

Solution
You can use the CD-key on any notebook for that specific notebook only. If your XP disc is the OEM version, you will be able to install XP with the CD-key on the bottom of any given notebook to that notebook only. If you have a retail version of the CD, it will tell you your key is invalid during setup.

You can torrent an OEM disc if you need one. There's nothing illegal in doing so.

frozenlead

Distinguished
You can use the CD-key on any notebook for that specific notebook only. If your XP disc is the OEM version, you will be able to install XP with the CD-key on the bottom of any given notebook to that notebook only. If you have a retail version of the CD, it will tell you your key is invalid during setup.

You can torrent an OEM disc if you need one. There's nothing illegal in doing so.

Solution