Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the keyboard driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the keyboard driver.
- Reboot the laptop once uninstalled and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- Do test it again after the reboot and see if it will work or not.
- If it will still not work, connect an external USB keyboard and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- And if that will still not work, do make sure that the correct keyboard language is set.
- If all these will not work that means it's the keyboard that is faulty and replacing it would be the only solution.