Question Toshiba Laptop charger connects and disconnects

Oct 7, 2019
Whenever I'm connecting the charger it suddenly starts connecting and disconnecting and because of this charger tip getting too hot that you can't even touch
but when I charge the battery while the laptop is off it is working perfectly fine without any issue.

Model is Toshiba Satellite L50-A

If it works fine without the laptop powered on, and only does this when it is turned on, then you likely need to replace the charger.

Were it the laptop itself, then you would get the problem no matter if it was turned on or not. The same goes for if it was the outlet it is connected to. It would react the same way no matter if on or off.

I would replace the charger.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 4
F Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 5
M Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 4
G Laptop Tech Support 1
O Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 3
P Laptop Tech Support 4
Similar threads
Question Toshiba Satellite Radius 12 P25W - C2300 - 4K constant freezeing / reboot when connected to AC
Solved! Toshiba L55D-C5227 bios jumper? It isn't under the ram as it is in other toshiba laptops.
Question Toshiba Laptop Display not working
Question Toshiba Laptop Not Recognizing NVMe SSD
Solved! My toshiba S70 will operate when only the AC charger is connected but when I install new battery the laptop will not come on
My Toshiba laptop won't turn on even after I took battery out and plugged in charger
My toshiba c600 laptop dosent turn on. When pulg my charger at that time charging bulb also dosent work but charger is workin
I worked on my laptop and then it suddenly got off without any warning.now it do not power on.when i connect into charger only
Can I use another Toshiba laptop (C55) Charger for my Toshiba laptop (L750)?
I turned my toshiba satellite laptop off then when I went to turn it on it wouldn't come on. I plugged up the charger and it s
Laptop charger connects and disconnects when plugged in
Different charger to charge laptop.
Toshiba Laptop: Charger / battery issue
How can i charge my Toshiba laptop without the charger
Toshiba laptop won't turn on or charge light won't come in on when chargers plugged in
Toshiba laptop charger problems
How do I turn on my toshiba laptop if no lights are flashing and its charging/charger????
i wanted to change the tip of hp charger from 3 pin to 2 pin so as to charge my toshiba laptop
Replacement Laptop Charger Polarity
laptop not charging but bithe the battery and adapter-charger is seperately Ok

ASK THE COMMUNITY