Toshiba Laptop l75 Memory Upgrade Issue

JerryChris

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017
We have a Toshiba Satellite L75-B7270 laptop that has 4gb of RAM. I would like to upgrade the memory to 8gb. The back of the laptop does not have a separate panel to access the memory modules. I contacted Toshiba, but they were no help at all. Can anyone advise me how to open the laptop to be able to access the memory?

I looked online for a YouTube video without any luck.

Thanks for your help.

Jerry

Solution
i suggest looking online for the manual.some laptop have a manual on how to properly disassemble the machine.but if you are not confident in doing so i suggest going to a local computer store and asking them for help.
i suggest looking online for the manual.some laptop have a manual on how to properly disassemble the machine.but if you are not confident in doing so i suggest going to a local computer store and asking them for help.

Solution

alg_tomshw

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017
Hi Jerry -
I also have a Toshi*ba S**tellite L75 (L75-C7250 in my case), and
I'm upgrading the memory to 16GB and replacing the disk drive.
I had a hard time trying to find out how to open my unit without
breaking it. The closest that I found was in this video, starting
at time point 2:45:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfWzU8UqV14&t=66s

In your case, if you're upgrading to 8GB, just buy another
4Gb DDR3L 1600MHZ stick and you're good to go.

You probably already know this, but the specs for your unit is:
http://support.toshiba.com/support/staticContentDetail?contentId=4006027

JerryChris

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017

Thanks everyone for their advice. I closely watched the video, but curiously, I could not see the location of the RAM Modules. I can clearly see the hard drive and fan locations, but I think I am missing something. I did view the specs for the laptop on the Toshiba site, but there was no useful information.

Kookie3010. After looking at the video, I will probably take your suggestion. Since the laptop belongs to my wife, I will never hear the end of it if I mess up her laptop. Better safe than sorry. There are some things I just will not mess with.

Jerry