Toshiba laptop no video

Pturn89

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016
Hi I have a Toshiba Satellite C655d-s5303 laptop. I have absolutely no video. Laptop screen does not work so I tried a vga cable to external monitor and nothing. I disassembled the laptop checked all connections and all are good. Please help if possible..

Edit the external monitor I used it a TV. It can sense signal on the vga. With laptop off of cable unplugged it registered no signal. Laptop on kills power to TV. I'm thinking bad laptop

Solution
When you connected the external monitor, did you turn off the laptop, connect the monitor, turn on the monitor and then turn on the laptop?

If no, try it that way. If yes, then yeah, your laptop will need work. In this case your graphics card/GPU is probably fried, which may also require the whole motherboard be replaced.

You have the option then to do the work yourself (if you feel comfortable doing so) or taking it to a local tech/repair shop.
When you connected the external monitor, did you turn off the laptop, connect the monitor, turn on the monitor and then turn on the laptop?

If no, try it that way. If yes, then yeah, your laptop will need work. In this case your graphics card/GPU is probably fried, which may also require the whole motherboard be replaced.

You have the option then to do the work yourself (if you feel comfortable doing so) or taking it to a local tech/repair shop.

Solution