Toshiba Laptop Virus won't allow SSD boot into anything, help!

CrazyMe63

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016
Accidentally cloned a virus from a thumb drive and it spread from one lap top to the next, which is unfortunately a SSD which refuses to go past the Toshiba flash screen. I made a Windows 10 installation on another thumb drive and I even made this laptop boot directly into USB, but STILL will not boot into any thing whatsoever. God, I'm such an idiot. I've tried rebooting, over and over and still nothing. It's Toshiba laptop CL45-C4370. Runs windows 10, https://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Satellite-CL45-c4370-Intel-2-16GHz/dp/B017EHQX0W .I think I may have to get this thing professionally fixed, but if anyone out there has any other solution I haven't tried, it would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
You should not need professional advice to fix the issue.

You have a couple of options, and my first choice would be to use a completely clean system (i.e. uninfected computer) to make a free Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 USB stick with THESE instructions and the links to (1) the disk ISO image and (2) USB creator tool.

Boot from the USB stick so that it can boot the laptop in a secure mode (and it may want to update the virus definitions so connect an Ethernet cable and let it update before running).

That will clean the drive enough that you should be able to reinstall W10 from an installer USB stick.

RealBeast

Distinguished
You should not need professional advice to fix the issue.

You have a couple of options, and my first choice would be to use a completely clean system (i.e. uninfected computer) to make a free Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 USB stick with THESE instructions and the links to (1) the disk ISO image and (2) USB creator tool.

Boot from the USB stick so that it can boot the laptop in a secure mode (and it may want to update the virus definitions so connect an Ethernet cable and let it update before running).

That will clean the drive enough that you should be able to reinstall W10 from an installer USB stick.

Solution