Toshiba laptop wont boot cant enter bios after new hdd install

Yiyit_

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016
Toshiba satellite laptop wont boot after new hdd, i cant enter bios and cant choose boot piority, when i turn on laptop i can see toshiba satellite screen but after that next screen is empty, and there is a white '_' which comes and disappers everysecond

Solution
Welcome, @Yiyit_!

I believe @hang-the-9 is right and you should try installing Windows on the HDD first. Make sure you have set the boot priority properly to the installation media first and then to the drive. Afterwards, boot the Windows installation DVD/USB and select Install Windows.

If that doesn't help, you should try resetting BIOS by reseating the CMOS battery or resetting the jumper on the mobo.

Hope it helps. Good luck! :)
SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Welcome, @Yiyit_!

I believe @hang-the-9 is right and you should try installing Windows on the HDD first. Make sure you have set the boot priority properly to the installation media first and then to the drive. Afterwards, boot the Windows installation DVD/USB and select Install Windows.

If that doesn't help, you should try resetting BIOS by reseating the CMOS battery or resetting the jumper on the mobo.

Hope it helps. Good luck! :)
SuperSoph_WD

Solution

kw2fan

Prominent
May 23, 2017

kw2fan

Prominent
May 23, 2017
Me too.. I just unplugged both the cmos and battery. Waited 30 seconds and it saw the clock was wrong. I hit enter and it took me to the BIOS.