Solved! toshiba satellite 755, no power / fan, 2 white lights, orange light charged then turns white, blk screen

Nov 13, 2018
Simply no power or fan + black screen - when on charge 1 white light 1 orange, then after charging orange goes to white, no flashing lights tho', i've done the battery out and press start button 30 sec's routine, but alas still no power, I would be most grateful for any idea's as to the problem,... thanks in advance - Col

Solution
Most likely issue is a bad motherboard. Remove the RAM and see if the laptop beeps, if not, that also points to a failed motherboard. Probably better getting a working used model of the same laptop and moving your drive into that instead of trying to repair it.
Most likely issue is a bad motherboard. Remove the RAM and see if the laptop beeps, if not, that also points to a failed motherboard. Probably better getting a working used model of the same laptop and moving your drive into that instead of trying to repair it.

Solution
Nov 13, 2018
Really appreciate the suggestion and probable fault, I have just removed ram as you say, NO bleep aaarggh, the laptop was actually given to me by a mate without a charger, I purchased one and laptop appeared to charge, I guess I stand the cost of the charger and skip the laptop as I don't have anything at all on it to save... Again, many thanks for the response - Col