Toshiba Satellite C655 CPU Change

alii98

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
Even if it isn't worth it,i want to put a better cpu in this laptop,i have an intel pentium p6100 and i want to change to pentium 2020m or 2030m,as i know they are compatible,the question is,would there be a problem with ram?or with the bios?

anort3

Distinguished
That's an old, lower end laptop with a soldered CPU. It would cost you more to upgrade the CPU than to buy a newer lower end laptop. Even if it did support a faster CPU it would be something very similar in performance to the one you have. Going from say 2Ghz to 2.2Ghz with the same outdated architecture wouldn't even be noticeable.

anort3

Distinguished
That's an old, lower end laptop with a soldered CPU. It would cost you more to upgrade the CPU than to buy a newer lower end laptop. Even if it did support a faster CPU it would be something very similar in performance to the one you have. Going from say 2Ghz to 2.2Ghz with the same outdated architecture wouldn't even be noticeable.

robert600

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

yes, that's the best performing cpu for your socket and ... the wattage is the same so overheating should not be a problem. The only question really is whether or not your board\bios supports that chip. Unless you can find someone who has tried ... I don't know how to answer that. I see you can get that cpu on ebay for < $40 ... might be worth trying ... if it worked it would be a huge improvement.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
adellholmes12 Laptop General Discussion 4
AlexisFox Laptop General Discussion 0
mczakk Laptop General Discussion 0
Fb14059 Laptop General Discussion 0
oranges4sale Laptop General Discussion 0
A Laptop General Discussion 1
nako2007 Laptop General Discussion 1
XClone.Globe Laptop General Discussion 9
C Laptop General Discussion 1
J Laptop General Discussion 5
C.A.I.H Laptop General Discussion 2