Toshiba Satellite C670-17D Serious Battery Glitch?

justanonymous

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016
Never seen this before so im asking you guys.

It happend about 2 months ago.

I'm just gonna get right into it.
Whenever i plug my charger into my laptop it says 100% charged in like 20 seconds.
And whenever i unplug the charger my laptop just shwoing a black screen and like shuts off after only 3seconds lol?

After that it just shuts off completely.
But here's the twist. If i plug my charger in press the power button quickly and unplugg the charger at the same time. My laptop just boots up no problem and sits there like 40mins. showing '0% remaining , battery saver on" in the taskbar.

This might sound crazy but it's true..
Hope someone can explain this ?

Greetings

Solution
It could either be the charging circuit on the motherboard or battery. Simplest way to find out is get another battery. If you find out it is the motherboard you won't have many routes since it requires component repair, probably by getting another motherboard. Probably cheaper to buy a new laptop.

JeffDaemon

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
It could either be the charging circuit on the motherboard or battery. Simplest way to find out is get another battery. If you find out it is the motherboard you won't have many routes since it requires component repair, probably by getting another motherboard. Probably cheaper to buy a new laptop.

Solution