Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5230 Angrily Beeping at Start-up

frostykewl

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017
Whenever I try to boot up my Toshiba C855D, after the Toshiba Logo Screen, the computer begins to angrily and sharply beep at me. The beep is continuous and seemingly never-ending as I left it on for a while and it never stopped beeping. It never got to the windows boot-up screen. When I try to open up the BIOS, it gives me this error while still beeping, "PXE-E61: media test failure, check cable when accessing bios" so I can't change the BIOS to install new windows/windows recovery. How do I fix this?

frostykewl

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017

What about the loud and continuous beeping? Is that a separate problem or is that related to the PXE?

frostykewl

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017

So I managed to get a replacement hard drive for the thing that currently has no OS on it. I have Windows 10 on a USB attached to it when I try to start it up, but it still has the same problem as before. I can see the Toshiba Logo Screen, but no matter what I do there (Press F2 for Setup, F12 for Boot Manager, or just nothing at all), after 1 - 2 seconds of showing the logo the screen just goes to the Pxe error page again and keeps doing that annoying ass beeping sound. How can I fix the PXE error if I can't even access the BIOS in the first place?

Toshiba's can be touchy. Try this:
1. Turn on computer by Holding down power button while pressing the ESC key.
The machine will beep, then display:
Check System, then press [F1] key.
2. Release ESC key
3. Press F1 key when prompted on the boot screen to enter the BIOS