Toshiba Satellite C875-S7205 Shows No Sighns of Life.

Davidnj11

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop that I just bought not even about a year ago that is now giving me a big problem. About 5 months ago, my laptop had began to go to the windows repair screen whenever I would turn it on, but now, it seems like it just completely died. Whenever I plug it in, nothing happens, the indicator lights don't light up, and I am unable to power it on. I have tried doing a static discharge to it, but not a thing happened. Could a surge have fried the motherboard or something? Also, It has 4gb of DDR3 RAM, an Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor at 2.00ghz, and onboard Intel HD Graphics. Thank You for any help.
-David

Solution
Well i have good news and bad news, The good news, its that your psu its not going into protection mode, that means that the internal psu and charger are fine. The bad news, its that its not loading at all, we can reduce the problems to 2 because of this.

1.- blown diodes, transistors or mosfet
2..- The chip that regulates the voltage between the cpu and motherboard is down.

Either way, your motherboard just went bad, you are gonna have to send it to a Professional Center or, dismantle it, and use the parts for other laptops or sell it as it is. Its a Really Old Laptop, I hate when this stuff happens, but sometimes, Fixing them, its more expensive than getting a new one. Remove the HDD, connect it to other laptop and save your files...

chulex67

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
I want you to check something for me, plug the charger to the wall, is the brick led lighting up?, if it does, plug it in to your laptop and tell me if the brick led turns off when you plug it in.

Davidnj11

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013

When I plug the brick into the wall, it lights up fine, as I am currently using my 4 year old laptop and charging it right now with the charger. And, when I plugged the charger into the bad laptop, the power bricks light stayed on, but nothing happened to the laptop itself. If this helps, I am using a Targus APA30 Charger. Also, don't be shy about going into detail with things, as I am an advanced computer user. :)

chulex67

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
Well i have good news and bad news, The good news, its that your psu its not going into protection mode, that means that the internal psu and charger are fine. The bad news, its that its not loading at all, we can reduce the problems to 2 because of this.

1.- blown diodes, transistors or mosfet
2..- The chip that regulates the voltage between the cpu and motherboard is down.

Either way, your motherboard just went bad, you are gonna have to send it to a Professional Center or, dismantle it, and use the parts for other laptops or sell it as it is. Its a Really Old Laptop, I hate when this stuff happens, but sometimes, Fixing them, its more expensive than getting a new one. Remove the HDD, connect it to other laptop and save your files. And Again, im sorry friend, but theres not much you can do when a motherboard in an old laptop goes bad.

Solution